Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Men and Sports

One of life's great mysteries....at least in my opinion. My husband just shaved off his hockey "play-off beard". What kind of team is he on, you ask? He isn't on a team. It wasn't even for the team he coaches. It was for the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. One of my favorite things to do with Mike is attend sporting events. We love going to Twins games and Fighting Sioux games whenever the pocketbook allows. I like the atmosphere, the food, the people watching, and sharing in one of my husband's passions. But I will never understand why men think that what jersey THEY wear to the game will affect the outcome. And how does my husband's facial hair possibly impact a team on which he knows no one? For that matter, how does the players' facial hair impact their game? WHAT DOES FACIAL HAIR HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!?! (Sorry about that little rant, I just really don't understand...) Mike had a play-off beard the night I met him (actually, it was a well-groomed goatee that year....good thing, because if it was a full-on neck beard like this year, I don't think we'd be where we are today...), so his devotion to sports shouldn't be a surprise to me. I guess we'll just chalk it up to one of the differences between men and women. Or maybe I'm just jealous of that passion. All I know is that every year, probably for as long as we both shall live, I will have a hairy husband in the month of March. And I guess I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment