Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful....

Hi Friends--

Happy Thanksgiving to all! There are many days that I am tempted to complain about my life. We have no money, I don't want to go to work, I just need one more hour of sleep, etc. But whenever I start feeling that way, I try to think of how lucky I am to have what I have. There are always people worse off, right?

We don't have the money we used to have for things like vacations, concerts, and shopping sprees. But you know what? We have two cars and a nice house in a safe neighborhood for our son to grow up in. For that, I am thankful.

I make very little money. Like, very little. I'm not going to say exactly how little, but I doubt there are many college educated people who have been at the same job for 7 years that make as little as I do. But you know what? I don't dread going to work every morning. I make a difference in people's lives. For that, I am thankful.

I am working a second job to help pay for daycare. I don't want to work on Sundays. But you know what? It pays me too well to NOT do it, and there are a lot of people who don't have ANY jobs--and I have two. For that, I am thankful.

I used to go out with my friends two or three nights every week. We had so much fun. Now most of us see each other two or three times every year. But you know what? When we do see each other, it's like no time has passed. They are just as busy as me, and understand what my life is like, because they're living it too. For that, I am thankful.

The holidays can be extremely stressful, because my husband and I have four sets of parents to visit. We run around like crazy people trying to spend time with everyone. Sometimes I just want to stay home. But you know what? We have 4 different sets of grandparents to love our son (and babysit! :). We know we would never be without a place to go if we needed someone. All of our parents are healthy and living nearby. For that, I am thankful.

My husband and I used to go out on all kinds of dates. Twins games, Wild games, the Science Museum, movies, dinner....now those dates are few and far between. But you know what? I have a husband who works hard for his family and tells me I'm beautiful every day. For that, I am thankful.

Two years ago on Thanksgiving morning, I woke up in the hospital for the 11th morning in a row, and walked down to the nursery to see my tiny little 4-pound baby. This morning, I woke up and walked down the hall to see my happy, healthy, active little two year old greet me with a big smile and a "love you, Mama". For that, I am so unbelievably thankful.

So whenever I start to think about how hard my life is, I tried to remember how much I have to be thankful for. Being young, working parents is difficult. But it is so worth it. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the important people in your lives! Take care.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment